Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Collide

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You’re barely waking
And I’m tangled up in you
Yeah

I’m open, you’re closed
Where I follow, you’ll go
I worry I won’t see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I’m quiet you know
You make a first impression
I’ve found I’m scared to know I’m always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide



I love this song. It's absolutely amazing!! Now, I know we all love songs for different reasons and every person sees something different in the lyrics. To me, this song speaks about the bond I share with my husband. We are both stubborn people and we both want things our way all the time. Some days, we are a little further apart from each other emotionally than we'd like to be. Sometimes we get in a fight. Sometimes I really screw up and hurt him, or vice versa. But, when all is said and done, we always find each ourselves, wrapped in each others arms and completely in love. Daniel and I have been a part of each other's lives in one way or another for almost 8 years. We are such opposites, and exactly alike at the exact same time! I can't think of a place I feel more safe than in his arms. I absolutely love that no matter what happens in our lives, Daniel and I will always be there for one another. No mistake, no life event, no anything can separate that bond. Some people think I'm crazy for having that much trust.......those people are wrong.

I wish more people realized that love and marriage means that you and your spouse/partner are a unit....a forever unit. Marriage/love isn't like Monopoly.....you can't just play while it's fun, while you have the most money, then bail when you end up going bankrupt. A true relationship takes work and effort and is a full-time job. You have to be honest in a marriage. Sometimes that's hard, sometimes it's hard to hear that you've hurt your spouse's feelings or to tell him or her that you want something to change.....but you know what, tough. If you've signed on to a marriage that means eternity, it means you've signed on to work your a** off for eternity, you've agreed to deal with the easy and the difficult, the skinny and the fat, the babies and when the babies are grown and move out....and for everything else. There is this quote from a church talk......I believe that Elder Howard said this quote:

"If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. … It becomes special because you have made it so."

I read that quotation before Daniel and I hit the one year mark....and I've always remembered it. It's so true. The person you love, a marriage, a relationship...whatever it is you have....it's special. Treat it that way. Don't take the other person for granted. Talk. Argue if you need to. Cuddle. Date. Spend time with friend. Most of all, once you make the commitment, respect and honor your commitment.


<3 you Scoobs.....and <3 you too Mom and Dad

No comments: