Saturday, December 26, 2009

Prayers for Paul

In the next day or two I'll get to an update about our Christmas festivities; at this point I'll just say it was the best holiday we've enjoyed in quite some time. But, tonight I want to make a quick posting about one of the most fantastic family's I know (and respect).

In college I met some great people at church and one of them was Paul. He was a great friend and at the end of my freshman year introduced me to his sister, and we were roommates in my sophomore year of college. Their family is just fantastic and it's really been a few years since I've seen any of them and longer since I've talked to Paul. Anyway, even though I was an English major, I truly can't come up with the words to describe what great people Sara, Paul, and their family are....they are just very generous, kind, funny (very funny!), faithful people and I have so much respect for all of them, and always have.




(that's Sara and Paul at an NCSU football game a few years ago!)


Recently, Paul was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a type of cancer. Sara and Samuel (Sara's husband) set up a blog to keep people up to date on what's going on with Paul. Their blog is so incredibly inspirational; their family's faith in the Lord and His miracles are a constant reminder to me of life's blessings, as well as how lucky I am to know such amazing people! Below, I'm posting the link to the blog in big old letters so that you all can visit. Add it to your blog list and keep up with their family. Leave a message - even if you've never met their family. Send the link to your friends to keep up with the blog. We all know how much support, thoughts, and prayers from EVERYONE mean during times of trials.




No comments: