Friday, September 24, 2010

My New Love

Besides Abigail of course.........is ICE. I got hooked on it when I was pregnant because I was anemic. I couldn't stop chewing the stuff and I would actually eat ice for meals at times.

Now, I'm not pregnant and just plain addicted. I became even more anemic after my pregnancy as my Ulcerative Colitis flared back up (ulcers in the colon = lots of internal bleeding), so I just kept crunching. Example: in the hospital after Abigail was born I wasn't drinking enough fluids because I was just eating ice (and their cheesey eggs). Now, I'm doing much better and am barely considered anemic.....but I'm in the habit of chewing ice constantly. I just can't stop. I know one day I'll break a tooth on the ice but that idea doesn't deter me.

My sweet husband was thoughtful enough to bring me a bag of Sonic ice the other night in order to preserve my teeth a bit longer - you know, the ice that is pellets. The kind you get in hospitals? That's the stuff!

I love him so much for that!! :)

1 comment:

JamesnMeagan said...

I am the same way! I got addicted when I was pregnant too and now I love it still!