Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wow, I'm Late Wednesday...Wait...Thursday!

So I follow a bunch of blogs and a couple different people do what one fellow blogger calls "Tasty Tuesday." Essentially, they pick a day of the week and post a recipe. I've long thought I should do that but haven't. Finally, a couple weekends ago I found a recipe from another blog that I just had to try and post about. Here it is direct from the blog, Plain Chicken with my changes in pink:


Chicken Parmesan Crescents

8 fully cooked fried chicken fingers (accidently got dinosaur shapes...doesn't matter but enjoyed saying we ate dino wraps)
8 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in half (used shredded bc i had it on hand)
1 can crescent rolls
1 tsp garlic powder
1 jar spaghetti sauce
6 oz cooked pasta (omitted bc the rolls were meant to be the meal)

Preheat oven to 375.  Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles.  Pour sauce into a bowl or saucepan.  Place one half slice of mozzarella cheese on top of crescent roll.  Dunk chicken finger into spaghetti sauce (omitted the dunking to keep crispiness and it totally worked! but do put sauce in saucepan and heat) and place on top of cheese.  Roll up crescent and place on cookie sheet.  Repeat with remaining chicken fingers and crescents.  Sprinkle each roll with garlic powder.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and top each crescent with remaining half slice of mozzarella cheese.  Bake for additional 5-8 minutes.  Meanwhile, heat leftover spaghetti sauce and toss with cooked pasta. (omitted) Serve pasta with crescents. (instead made a fun platter with warm sauce for dunking in the middle and we ate and had a movie night at home)
 
These were totally filling and a total guilty pleasure. Daniel said, "I'd like to have these frozen so I can take them for lunch. They are everything I like about a chicken sandwich all rolled up into a handy pocket."
 
Believe me, that's a great compliment.
 
Photo from her blog...chicken wasn't red bc no sauce on it but DELISH!!
 

No comments: