Monday, November 7, 2011

Days 4-7

4) Modern marvel of a medication called Mucinex - really keeps me from developing bronchitis all the time.

5) As my Facebook said, a few hours to myself at home. I haven't been alone in my house for more than 30 minutes in over a year. I miss it sometimes. Since I was sick, I REALLY needed it!

6) Having a healthy child - even if she's all over the place at church. The three of us literally took up an entire small pew just to control our child and keep her quiet in church yesterday. But man, am I glad she's only be seriously sick once (UTI)...other than that just some Roseola and a cold or two. At 20 months, that's great. She is so full of life and energy and she couldn't have been more sweet and fun at church yesterday. Even if she did start cracking up at one point because her dad was squeezing her. And she did cry at one point bc he was annoying her. She's so great and I'm so thankful that so far, we haven't had to battle much illness with her.

7) I'm thankful for my crockpot. I'm really enjoying trying new recipes with it every month - today it's ziti (I use the lasagna recipe but did ziti bc of the noodles I have). It took a little more prep time than normal bc I had to brown the meat and mix the cheese but still...20 mins of work and I have a baked ziti for dinner. More time with my husband and child this evening. Lovely!! I love looking up new recipes and trying them with my crockpot. As Ross (FRIENDS) would say, "I've been given the gift of time!"

No comments: