Friday, November 25, 2011

What A Day!!

I love Thanksgiving. My favorite foods, my favorite people, my favorite sights and smells. I always feel extremely emotional on Thanksgiving day and several times on Thanksgiving I was nearly moved to tears. Here are a few MORE things I"m thankful for...a repeat or two maybe?

1) This is a biggie - I'm opening up here! I'm thankful for my marriage. Daniel and I have been married 6 1/2 yrs and this year we had struggles...sort of just really overly comfortable with each other (you know...bathroom door open, me plucking in front of him, him giving it an extra day between showers, etc...all the super comfy things that can sometimes take away romance and mystery), a new child in the picture, a hectic year, and lots of outside stress. Over the summer I decided to do the Love Dare for 30 days. Our marriage has always been strong and had a foundation in a deep friendship and in the Gospel but we needed to find the romance and just re-group. Let me tell you...that dare works. It's from the movie Fireproof...our marriage was in no way as bad as you see in the movie. In fact, to most outsiders they thought I was crazy for doing this as we were already happy. BUT, I just knew we needed to re-focus making sure we made each other priorities again. I'm so thankful for a strong marriage, a strong partner, and that we are ending this year in an even better place than we began it.

2) I'm thankful for the missionary work Daniel and I are getting more and more involved in. It reminds me of how much I love the church and the Gospel and has helped me strengthen my testimony immensely. It also gives Daniel and I another topic to bond over in a new and fresh way. I have a stronger testimony of the eternal nature of the Gospel, of Christ's and Heavenly Father's love for me, and the restoration of the Gospel in these days. I am so thankful for this gift in my life and thankful we're allowed to be a part of these investigators' lives.

3) I am thankful for my increased ability to "let go." If you know me at all you know this is REALLY hard for me. I have OCD and anxiety and can really struggle sometimes. However, I"m working on letting go because I want my daughter to know the full joy of being a little one without constantly hearing my worries and concerns. I want my husband to know I have faith in his ability to "take care of it." I want to feel more peace with things and enjoy the little moments I often miss out on because I"m stressing and trying to micro-manage. I still have a long way to go but it's nice to worry and stress less than in the past.

4) I'm thankful for my daughter. I'm thankful to be her mother. She is the most incredible child you could ever meet. She is curious, smart, sassy, funny, and so very happy. She is amazing in every regard. We are so blessed. I hope one day we will have another to experience even more joy! *NO, that is not some sort of hint!!*

At my aunt's Thanksgiving - her Uncle Walter piled three hats on her head!

She moved around REALLY slowly! Check out her cute shirt!!

No comments: