Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dinner Blessing

We've lived in our townhouse for a year now. A little over a year, actually. We just started eating at our dining room table at the end of January. We never got our dining area straight and finally I told Daniel I couldn't take it anymore - that Abigail was going to do what we did as a kid: eat dinner at the table every single weeknight with her family!! Even on Friday evenings, if I was going out or Walter had plans, we still ate dinner at the table first. Or I ate with Daniel's family. The point is, we all ate at the table!

He heard me and I came home one day to my dining area clean and ready for eating! It isn't what I want forever but for now, it works. We may re-do how it's all set up another time. For now, it's functional and clean and neat.

SO, we are really harping on saying a prayer before we eat our dinner. When we sat on the sofa to eat and Abs sat in her high chair facing us, it was easier to pass off, but not anymore!

We take turns saying the prayer and the other night Abigail was finally willing to say it for us. With our promptings she said, "Thank you Heavenly Father for our food. Amen!" It sounded like, "tank ewww hebn fadder for fooood. AAAAAA- MEN!" Seriously - how cute is she?!?!?

Here is a picture of her enjoying her Valentine's a week ago - so sweet!!

No comments: