Friday, April 26, 2013

My Best Decision

Justin Timberlake was recently quoted as saying this about marrying his wife, Jessica Biel:
"Every once in a while, I can catch a glimpse of her when she doesn't see me looking. I have this moment where I'm like, 'If you never make a good decision – if you only make bad decisions – for the rest of your life, you made one really good decision."

I sure do feel that way about Daniel. I feel this way, especially when I see him with our Abigail. Getting married as young as we did and being married in our temple where my immediate family couldn't join me was such a leap. I was so anxious and nervous I was doing something wrong that I lost about 10 lbs before our wedding and my dress was too big, but it was too late to fix. All I could eat was brown rice. I lived off of those Uncle Ben's microwavable rice bags...

But something in me said to "leap" and I did. I'm so glad I made that choice. I'm so glad I pressed forward and followed through. We've had so many ups and many downs as well. We've made some terrible choices and some great choices. We have a wonderful life and in the past (nearly) 8 years of marriage and 11 years of being in some sort of relationship, we've learned to embrace the positive and focus on that.

I just really love this quote that popped up this week...it's only a month until our 8 year wedding anniversary....so maybe this has been on my mind lately!

No comments: