Monday, August 26, 2013

Progress and Such

Well it's been three weeks since this adventure began and I've lost 4 pounds. I lost two pounds the first week, two the second, and this past week I maintained the weight loss. Here's why:

1) I got a mild stress fracture on my right foot last weekend at church. Of course I'd get one in high heels and not walking. But I remember the exact minute it happened...and was in pain a good amount of the week. I still went to the gym but only did the stationary bike. Even that hurt a little. SO I didn't push. By Saturday my foot was feeling good enough I was able to bike more intensely then walk for ten minutes. This week I'll try the elliptical. We have a beach trip coming up and I do NOT need to be hruting tha tbadly trying to walk on sand.

2) I was not as aware of my eating choices this past week. I gave into the temptation to eat some bad foods this week. I seriously mean bad.

I told Daniel it is frustrating that I have to work THIS HARD. He eats exactly the same and runs for 30 mins 4 times a week and you see a visible difference on him. Not me.

Actually, I notice a couple subtle changes, but no one else would notice these changes. I know things take time, and I'm so proud of the my 4 pound weight loss. I'm hoping to burn off two more this week before the beach and cross below a threshold I haven't been at in at least 4 or 5 years.

In general, between my foot problem, PMS and other stresses, you could say I wasn't as positive about things as I had been the last two weeks....but that's ok.

Still glad I'm doing this and doing it the right way.